TIP: soortgelijke CVs vinden
Work ExperienceAn excellent communicator, negotiator and leader with an analytical mind and can do attitude. Being an energetic, critical and result driven professional, able to combine both the conceptual and the pragmatic, this enables me to almost effortlessly generate results while using efficient processes.
Endowed with the ability to remain calm even in issue-intensive situation, my decisiveness not only drives results but also reliability and consistency. I will always endeavour to meet targets and deadlines, using all means at my disposal. I invest time and energy in fostering a sustainable approach to maintain enthusiasm and commitment from the team and in so doing, create a pleasant work environment that enables people development and growth.
Jan.2013 to June 2014 (Area Manager at Booking.com)
• Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
• Properly motivate the credit and collections staff&providing ongoing training
• Measure department performance & maintain the corporate credit policy
• Manage relations with the sales department
• Manage customer credit files, accept or reject the staff's credit recommendations
Nov. 2009 to December 2012 (Team Leader Credit Control at Booking.Com, Amsterdam)
• Responsible for France, Monaco, Turkey andAfrica, United Kingdom, Ireland and Nordics supervising a team of credit controllers, coaching and training, team planning and overseeing of collections activities, quality maintenance and improvement.
• Overseeing collection policies and procedures, maintaining a good working relation between the collection team and the sales (hotel Team) team through working closely with sales team and visiting them on a regular basis to assess and evaluate policies and procedures.
March 2008 to Nov. 2009: Senior Credit Controller Western Europe (Torex Netherlands)
• Preparing and entering sales invoices, processing of all payments received, reconciling debtor accounts and dealing with customer queries. Responsible for The Netherlands, Belgium and France, I was in charge of 6 Local credit controllers, training, coaching and motivating them.
• Identifying credit issues - escalating missed payments and problematic debts, responsible for providing Accounts receivables status report to the Manager AR & Credit Collections.
• Determining cash collection targets and cash forecasting and running weekly reporting of customers ageing. Identifying and suggesting process improvements with regards to Credit& Collections.
Jan.2007 to Feb. 2008 (Operations Manager: City Industry DRC)
• Assist in the development of the strategic plan for all operational activity
• Implement and monitor the annual and medium term operational plans, program and projects to meet overall objectives and agreed timings
• Ensure effective internal communication both within the operations team and across the organization.
• Prepare and agree annual budgets for functional and support costs
• In support of the Chief Executive Officer, provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the Operations Team
• Establish and maintain appropriate staff resources of the Operations Team to ensure that projects are delivered
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function
• Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
January 2004-December 2007:Manager / Supervisor (Credit Management Corporation, Netherlands.)
• Responsible for international accounts, Credit risk management: credit information and reports, supervising, coaching and training, team planning for cash collectors.
• Overseeing of credit & collections, establishing credit limits for new customers and revaluating limits for existing accounts.Coordinating and monitoring legal collection process with collectors located in different countries and with internal and external legal councillors.
• Coordinating and monitoring the dispute management process and prepare several weekly and monthly reporting.
Feb. 2002 – 2004 Operations Support Manager (Reliance Security Services Ltd)
• Elaborating and managing defined operational support functions that assisted the company; contract managers and site based operational staff, ensuring compliance with all statutory, company and contractual requirements. In charge of 50 operational based security officers.
• Exceeding agreed targets and budgets for: Customer service & satisfaction; employee support & satisfaction; operational efficiency, continuous improvement and Quality, customer development and profitability (Commended by the general manager).
Mar-1996 to Dec-2001Information&Capacity Building Officer (South London Tamil Welfare Group/United Kingdom)
• Planning media events developed and managed media relations to foster understanding and support for the objectives of the charity.
• Drafting and writing reports: developing information materials, organised meetings with sponsors and liaising with relevant bodies, documents translation and interpreter, planning and delivering training to community leaders through various workshops, writing and implementing relevant policies and procedures to enable the charity to achieve its main objectives.
1994-1995 Teacher (St. Noah Secondary School, Uganda)
• Managing classes of 20 students in a teaching situation, where many of the students had problems relating to the religious education teachings on peace and justice when their own lives were torn up by war, conflict, murder and poverty.
• Commended by the Head Teacher on the valuable contribution I had made in accelerating the progress of the personal and academic development of many of the more challenging students
Education• 1998: Masters Degree - International Relations/Management
• 1996: BA (Hons.) Philosophy
• 1995: Diploma Philosophical & Religious Studies
• 1990: 4 A Levels English, Mathematics, Biology & Theology
• English : Excellent Excellent
• French : Excellent Excellent
• Dutch : Good Good